Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY commodore no indicators or hazard lights

TaraMascara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Sedan
VY Commodore sedan has no indicators or hazard lights. They were working fine until my partner installed a new trailer plug and after that I had no indicators or hazards, there is no clicking noise either when you put the indicator on and no lights on dash or car, but when you put the hazard lights on you can hear the click but no lights on dash or car, what’s happened? Fuses under bonnet are fine, the guy at auto one said to try the fuse box under steering column but we can’t see where it would be? I thought there was only one fuse box under bonnet

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd bet a pretty penny something your hubby did isn't quite right or caused issues elsewhere.

There are 2 fuse panels in the car, one under the bonnet and another under the steering column, you just need to pull the panel down from under the steering wheel.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If the fuses check out, then suss out the flasher relays.

I think one is in the BCM if I recall correctly and would require the BCM to be repaired.

TaraMascara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Sedan
I'd bet a pretty penny something your hubby did isn't quite right or caused issues elsewhere.

There are 2 fuse panels in the car, one under the bonnet and another under the steering column, you just need to pull the panel down from under the steering wheel.
Thank you, found the fuse box under the steering column and the fuses were blown, it’s now been fixed, I only checked the ones under the bonnet prior.

TaraMascara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Sedan
If the fuses check out, then suss out the flasher relays.

I think one is in the BCM if I recall correctly and would require the BCM to be repaired.
Thank you, I found the fuse box under the steering column, fuses were blown so it’s all fixed now, thankfully not the BMC, they cost a bit to replace .