Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY doesnot start when warm

RichardW

Reaction score
VT does not start when warm

Hi all,

I last night took delivery of my second Commodore. This one being a VT Acclaim II.

The seller told me that it had not been driven for a couple of months as he had a company car and it sat there waiting to be sold. When I started the car up when it was cold and it had no problems starting.

After driving it home (took approx 30 mins) I turned the car off and then restarted it about 2 minutes later, It would turn over once or twice but not start. If I gave it some throttle and tried again it started.

I then left it for an hour and tried starting it again and it started without any problems or throttle. I cant work out why it happens only when the engine has been going for a while and has warmed up. THe car drives fine also there is no problems at all.

Has anyone had this problem before or know what it is? My thoughts are the Starter motor or fuel pump.

Last edited:

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Might get some more responses if you named it 'VT wont start' =P
But I have no idea sorry for the useless post.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
maybe crank angle sensor, cos i no when they go , the car can be a bit hard to start when warm. To test try this: when engine warm and not starting pour some water over where the CAS is and then try to start, if it starts, its the CAS, if it dont start then , its somethign else

grafxworld

KLRBASS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT GTR EXEC S1 - SOLD off
strange enough mine was doing this too, sprayed out the throttle body with carbbie cleaner , and replaced my key head , one of those fixed it. ? if that helps. mine is a v6 vt

RichardW

Reaction score
Spyper said:
Might get some more responses if you named it 'VT wont start' =P
But I have no idea sorry for the useless post.
Good call, got it mixed up with my other car. thx

RichardW

Reaction score
Jamie_87 said:
maybe crank angle sensor, cos i no when they go , the car can be a bit hard to start when warm. To test try this: when engine warm and not starting pour some water over where the CAS is and then try to start, if it starts, its the CAS, if it dont start then , its somethign else
Cheers where is the CAS?

RichardW

Reaction score
grafxworld said:
strange enough mine was doing this too, sprayed out the throttle body with carbbie cleaner , and replaced my key head , one of those fixed it. ? if that helps. mine is a v6 vt
Fingers crossed it is that simple. Will give the throttle body a clean. Dont think it is the key as I have tried both keys

Cheers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why not just return it to the owner and get your money back?

RichardW

Reaction score
minux said:
Why not just return it to the owner and get your money back?
If only it was that easy.

Also, I got it for a good price so keen to keep it if it is a easy enough fix.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
sorrymate wouldnt have a clue as i havnt replaced one before, i just heard it a common problem, if u got a gregorys manual it will tell u