Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy double din install aerpro FP9056

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Hi has anyone use these Aerpro facia kits before in particular the FP9056 for the VY series 2?

I've just spent the last 5 hours trying to fit a new double din to replace the single din the bloke before me put in, and after finally getting it all wired correctly I cant figure out how to get this kit to fit.

Just trying to put the front facia without the stereo to see if it fits wont fit the console surround. Am i missing something?

Any help would be great.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Don't have a photo but been running one in my VZ for years now. Fits fine. Exactly what are you struggling to fit in there? Pics might help.

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Thanks for your reply Sandman. I've just got to work and don't have any photos at the moment.

I can't figure out what to do with the two tabs that look like they screw to the side of the stereo, they didn't supply any screws either.

The front of the facia doesn't seem to fit over the stereo either and after ages trying to get it all fit I decided to take the stereo out completely to see if the facia would fit into the console and it seems to big to fit in the gap. I can't get it to snap onto anything.

Because there was already an aftermarket single din unit in the car, would I be missing any brackets or anything?

Also, because my SS is a non climate control editions, would the console opening be a different size to one with climate control.

I asked all these questions in the store and was told it would all fit perfectly.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Yank everything old out and start from there. Pull the single din facia from the main dash bit too. The two side plates from the kit, screw them into the sides of your new headunit. This may require adjusting depth wise and possibly height too, been a while since I did mine. There should be 3 screws under the big hole is left by the old stereo, the two outside ones go through the tabs on your two side plates. The fit on mine wasn't great so may need to be bent a bit. The facia just clips into the main centre dash piece and hey presto. Plug in your wires and put it all back together. Can guarantee it will fit, can pull mine in and out in around 10 minutes now lol. Hopefully this helps, kinda hard to explain without pictures to go with it.