Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy executive project?

!CRAIG!

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM statesman
just wondering what you think bout fixing this up or not?

!CRAIG!

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM statesman
or how much work n money would have to be put back in to it?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
munchy, anythings fixable(usually) but it depends what youd be paying for it.

!CRAIG!

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM statesman
im only paying 1000 bucks for it nothings touch the motor n the body looks pretty straight n only has 110000 on it so yeh really wanna try to fix it any 1 know how to replace the front part of the engine bay would be really helpful

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
stick a vz ss front on it, 1000 bucks is an unreal price, engine/trans/diff is worth 2k in itself,

buy it if its too hard to fix wreck in, id imagine you would make at least 3 to 5000 off it in parts,

the radiator support is a bolt on part, the only thing that would concern me is that you maybe need to see a panel beater to fix up the unboltable bit around the battery, fuse box area,

best bet is to strip it from from doors forward anything that dosnt bolt up get it straightened by a panel shop,

oh and does all the doors open and shut as it should

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
i would definately fix it. i would try and find a wrecker with the same colour panels. the radiater support isnt hard to do just fiddly. you may find some damage to the chassis rail at the front. but if the k frame hasnt been touched or moved you should be able to straighten it.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
In that engine bay pic it looks to me like there could be chassis damage, which would be a PITA to fix. You'd have to rip everything off the front end to see exactly what damage has been done.

I'd buy it, and see if its fixable, and if not, strip it and sell the parts, you'll easily profit from it :thumbsup:

VT Berlina 07

15.37 @ 147 KPH
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 EF2 Futura I6 Auto
hi, looks like you have picked yourself a bargain:thumbsup: as stated already make sure all the doors/boot open and check the gaps between doors and panels to make sure they are all even, that way you can see if the body has moved. also check the front suspension and chassis rails. also did the airbags go off??? if it all works out too much to repair you will easily tripple your money buy selling parts off it. good luck:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll

Holden2gether

The short,chunky fella
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
surprised nobodies said it already...............................It'll buff out.:yeah::yeah:

For $1000 I'd give a go, get a front quarter cut(I think that's the official panelbeater's term for it) and just get the new nose glued on it by a reputable crowd. May need to get an engineers report done once it's complete, not sure of your rules over there. You'd still have a nice car at the end of it for less $ I would imagine.
My old VR was almost damaged as badly, panelbeater pulled it on the chassis jig, new panels and radiator support and you would never have known it had ever been munted.