Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy Front End Clunk

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
:bang:

radious rod bushes changed

stabiliser bar and bushes changed

front end still clunks, and ideas ?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
He has already replaced them, stabilizer bar and sway bar are the same thing.

Check the strut top mounts. Watch the top nut with the bonnet open and push the front of the car down, does that nut move? Put your finger on it as you bounce the car, you will feel it if they are buggered.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
well somone had put the strut top mounts upside down we put the the right way around but she still clunks

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
i have the same thing on mine, changed my tie rod ends, was a quiet but its slowly come back,alot better than it was though, and iv got the same clunk noise in the rear, my tie rod ends were ***d though, but still there a tiny bit only every now and then from the front, but still there all the time from the rear

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
I had a recurring clunk in the Crewman and after changing the usual bushes, they ended up changing the rack and pinion (under warranty) - but not the tie rod ends. No more clunk......................

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh that or struts was my next option, but after changing the tie rod ends the noise is alot quieter than it was and the steering alot better, but still there a tiny bit, so might be in the rack as its very quiet now, i tried to get the rack replaced under the extended warranty iv got with nation wide, but they wont do it unless an internal seal is leaking, so couldn't get it done under warranty, so see what happens.