Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY II Calais - Holden Bluetooth

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
Hi Guys,

I used to have a VZ SSZ which came out of the factory with Holden Bluetooth - it was really handy to use and I particuarily liked how it was integrated into the centre console.

As with most VZ's, it was a HBD option, but to my knowledge could also be installed at a dealership.

I'm hoping to buy a VYII Calais in the next couple of months, and would like to install the Holden Bluetooth system. Having owned a VY & a VZ before, the functionality of the stereo & BCM are relatively similar, if not the same (Executive -> Executive, Calais -> Calais etc.).

Which leads me to my question - will the bluetooth system work in a VYII Calais?

Thanks in advance.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
In one word Yes.
When I bought my 2nd hand Bluetooth for my senator it had VY-VZ on the packaging and I wired it up myself, just plug and play wiring.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
They are available from NVU.com.au if you want to do it yourself as well. Pretty pricey, upwards of $300, but do like the idea of integrated, factory look Bluetooth.

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
I have this fitted in my vy ss but i cannot get it to work with my iphone 4 any help

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
In one word Yes.
When I bought my 2nd hand Bluetooth for my senator it had VY-VZ on the packaging and I wired it up myself, just plug and play wiring.
What phone are you using with it Col ?

Cheers

Deek

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Hey Deek

I'm using a current Nokia 6700 classic, haven't moved up to one of those fancy apple or android phones yet although most of my family are pushing (not steering mind you) towards getting Iphone 4S so not so sure how the older bluetooth in the car will go with the newer bluetooth of the 4S.
I think my bluetooth may have the upgrade fitted as I have had no problems pairing either of my last 2 phones.
I read where some people were having problems pairing even normal but newer mobiles before getting the upgrade fitted through Holden dealers.

Cheers Col.

fyfee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY II Calais
Hi Guys,

I used to have a VZ SSZ which came out of the factory with Holden Bluetooth - it was really handy to use and I particuarily liked how it was integrated into the centre console.

As with most VZ's, it was a HBD option, but to my knowledge could also be installed at a dealership.

I'm hoping to buy a VYII Calais in the next couple of months, and would like to install the Holden Bluetooth system. Having owned a VY & a VZ before, the functionality of the stereo & BCM are relatively similar, if not the same (Executive -> Executive, Calais -> Calais etc.).

Which leads me to my question - will the bluetooth system work in a VYII Calais?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it does. I have the factory bluetooth in mine.

I'm also thinking of selling it very soon too...

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
Hey Deek

I'm using a current Nokia 6700 classic, haven't moved up to one of those fancy apple or android phones yet although most of my family are pushing (not steering mind you) towards getting Iphone 4S so not so sure how the older bluetooth in the car will go with the newer bluetooth of the 4S.
I think my bluetooth may have the upgrade fitted as I have had no problems pairing either of my last 2 phones.
I read where some people were having problems pairing even normal but newer mobiles before getting the upgrade fitted through Holden dealers.

Cheers Col.
Thanks Col, that's what I wanted to hear as the missus & I still have a LG TU500 each with a really good freedom offer which we don't want to give up (as much as telstra would like us too).
Anyone know if the Holden Bluetooth is much the same as the kit Phreddy does & is it easy to purchase & install on a VY ute still ?

Cheers

Deek