Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy II chrome decklid trim on vz

lordtyranus

Lord Tyranus
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ COMMODORE
Hello all, how do you do, i'm a Newbie and this is my first post ;)

I've been reading a lot and learning plenty on here...so here comes the first question I have :D

All the vy II executives came out with a chrome trim at the bottom of the decklid, all the way across just above where the decklid meets the rear bumper. I had a look at the genuine trim the other day, and there are five lugs coming out of it...which means to fit this to a vz i'd have to drill holes through the decklid.

So, here are the questions:
1. Has anybody done this? Was it relatively straight forward and is the holden sip for doing this readily available?
and
2. Has anyone purchased one of the same trims from eBay at all? From what i've read from the feedback of the seller the trim is purely stick on...but I think it may be plastic. Is the genuine item metal?

Cheers and nice to meet you all :w00t:

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Hello all, how do you do, i'm a Newbie and this is my first post ;)

I've been reading a lot and learning plenty on here...so here comes the first question I have :D

All the vy II executives came out with a chrome trim at the bottom of the decklid, all the way across just above where the decklid meets the rear bumper. I had a look at the genuine trim the other day, and there are five lugs coming out of it...which means to fit this to a vz i'd have to drill holes through the decklid.

So, here are the questions:
1. Has anybody done this? Was it relatively straight forward and is the holden sip for doing this readily available?
and
2. Has anyone purchased one of the same trims from eBay at all? From what i've read from the feedback of the seller the trim is purely stick on...but I think it may be plastic. Is the genuine item metal?

Cheers and nice to meet you all :w00t:
on ebay its stick on not genuine m8, genuine has the 5 holes like u stated, get the ebay one m8 its cheaper and heaps easyer to do

lordtyranus

Lord Tyranus
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ COMMODORE
Cheers for that :)

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I have the ebay sticky strip on my VZ boot and it looks alright, wasn't too hard to put on, its a long rolled up strip and you just have to cut it to size and shape of the boot. I can take picks of my boot if you like.

lordtyranus

Lord Tyranus
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ COMMODORE
Thanks guys. I may go for the genuine (metal) one and have a play around with that. It looked pretty sweet when I checked it out at Motor Traders the other day. It may be easier (better) to remove the five lugs and just stick the factory item on...if I go ahead with it i'll post how it turned out ;)