Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy II S 2004 door respray

azzazahra

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S series II
Hi all,
I have a 2004 red vy series II s and I was just wondering how much on average it would cost to respray the drivers door.
Cheers Aaron

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
Thats rediculous when you can buy a whole door from a wrecker for $100

CUTSICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Series 1
I don't make the prices. this is for a correctly prepped and painted door included remove and intall and labour

a car at a wreckers is there for a reason it's bound to be scratched, faded, or dented more then likely faded being a red

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
Please dont take what i said the wrong way, i wasnt saying what you said was ridiculous. You answered the question. But i guess at that price you have to weight up wheather or not its worth it

CUTSICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Series 1
It's all good man, It isnt really worth it but if you don't know how to spray it's really your only option.... but the panel beater has to make profit and pay there worker aswell

azzazahra

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S series II
It's all good man, It isnt really worth it but if you don't know how to spray it's really your only option.... but the panel beater has to make profit and pay there worker aswell

Yeh it's got a scratch along the door it's not something I'm worried to do straight away just do it when I have the money
Bloody road workers left something on the road and I copped it

CUTSICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Series 1
Yeh it's got a scratch along the door it's not something I'm worried to do straight away just do it when I have the money
Bloody road workers left something on the road and I copped it

If the scratch isnt too big you could cover it up with "car lipstick"

azzazahra

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S series II
If the scratch isnt too big you could cover it up with "car lipstick"

It's a reasonable one it is already covered up luckily its straight across the door not on an angle so it's not as noticeable but just the fact that I notice it pisses me off to be honest

phillyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2 Spac 3.8 n/a
i had the exact same thing, bought my red 04 vy s with a scratch in the door, the guy got it quoted at 300 and took that off the buying price.
i got a friends dad who is a pannel beater to respray it and pull out a dint i didnt notice and touch up everything else, but with mates rates it only cost me an old sub and amp i didnt need :D
just ask around before you jump into it, should be able to find someone out there who does good work and is honest