Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy lights

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
I bought some H3 and H4s from Super cheap today, put the H4s in the headlights, they look good. Havent put the H3s in the fog lights yet.
Also going to get some T10 parkers to finish it off, not going to bother with doing the high beams.

The brand is 'calibre' its super cheaps own brand..see how they go :)

sah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-Acclaim - LPG
I bought some H3 and H4s from Super cheap today, put the H4s in the headlights, they look good. Havent put the H3s in the fog lights yet.
Also going to get some T10 parkers to finish it off, not going to bother with doing the high beams.

The brand is 'calibre' its super cheaps own brand..see how they go :)

How much did you pay for the H4's. If you buy any other i suggest you look at Osram Night Breaker H4 from Power Bulbs | Free Worldwide Delivery , they are not very expensive as compared to the Super cheap brand. but they are much better, i.e. much reputed brand and better light. As they include Free shipping as well. or the other brand is Philips Extreme power, they are better than anything Supercheap or Repco sells.

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
Thanks mate, ill take note of that.

The h4s were something like $28.

Got some T10 LED parkers today, put one in, worked fine..was lit up..then everything went haywire.
When I went to do the second one, the bulb fell off inside the light housing and now I cant get it out :(
And then I pulled out the one that was working and tried to use the other connector for that bulb and now that one doesnt work! :(

Is there any trick to fitting them to the connectors? It doesnt seem to fit or click in as well as you would think. Its not a tight fit and if you just pull on it gently it could come out.

Do you need to twist it into position to fit it or what?

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
yeah you need to push them in and twist them in the same way you got them out. I dont think i need to say but the bulbs are directional if u plug your parker in and its not working pull it out and turn it around

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
Yeah ive tried both ways, still not working. It doesnt seem to clip in that well.

However I did get one to work so who knows, tried all arvo again today - will try again tomorrow :(

Atleast I know the bulbs are the right ones...and the bulbs work. Its either not clipped in properly or something else is going on.

sah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-Acclaim - LPG
Yeah ive tried both ways, still not working. It doesnt seem to clip in that well.

However I did get one to work so who knows, tried all arvo again today - will try again tomorrow :(

Atleast I know the bulbs are the right ones...and the bulbs work. Its either not clipped in properly or something else is going on.

These are very tricky. I managed to get one to work, but tried a lot on the other one it does not work. Now even if i put the original one that does not work as well. Just poor design.

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
I put my original ones back in and they work fine.
My next set of lights should arrive today - hopefully these work. Im going to tape the black connector things so the clips should hold the bulbs in better (atleast thats what im hoping)

In regards to the fog lights, I had a look underneath my front bar yesterday (god its a tight squeeze) - just wondering whats the best way to get in there to replace the globes? Just jack up the front and get in from behind the front bar?