Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY M5 S 140rwkw

Gav1n

Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VYII S-Pack
Damn, exactly how I want mine to look like...
Oh well, gotta pay for her first! Awesome performance too mate; I wish I got a manual, but as I do 800-1200k's /week ill be happy with an auto.

Keep up the great work (and vids!).

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
How much did the twin throttlebody setup cost you??

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
How much did the twin throttlebody setup cost you??

Bought it off mace engineering, I think they retail for $1200. I would recommend staying with the 69mm throttles so you can still use cruise without modifing any brackets. Pretty straight forward fit once the wiring is sorted from what my mechanic told me. I'm still yet to see the full potential of my set up, plus I'm used to the power and want more.:dance:

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, how are the extra throttle position sensors and what not wired in with the 2nd throttle body?

How are the 2 throttlebodies connected to each other so they open in unisen?

CHeers

SinisterVY

"The World Is Yours..."
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY II S
Car is off to the auto electrician today to finally get the missing wiring for the fog lights sorted. Can't wait. Will post some pics when it's up to date.

Love the lenso's.

What kind of set up did you get to install the fog lights? Im looking at throwing a set into my car and i know all about the "missing wiring" in the series II. What i dont know is what to tell the auto elec about how to go about wiring them up.

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Love the lenso's.

What kind of set up did you get to install the fog lights? Im looking at throwing a set into my car and i know all about the "missing wiring" in the series II. What i dont know is what to tell the auto elec about how to go about wiring them up.

Get the headlight switch with the foglight function and the lights. I used nylock nuts with brass washers to secure them good. Just tell your auto elec you'd like them to work like factory and they will do it up for you. It's about a 4 hour job(or at least the guy here did it in 4). Only thing I didn't get sorted was the light in the dash to tell if they are on or not.

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Yeah, how are the extra throttle position sensors and what not wired in with the 2nd throttle body?

How are the 2 throttlebodies connected to each other so they open in unisen?

CHeers

Ok. The second TB is running blanked off, this is why I suggest using standard size TB's. cause the ported one's I had trouble with them sticking open slightly. Enough to hold the revs at 2000rpm with the clutch in. Standard one's work just as well and will flow more than enough air. The butterflies are connected in between both with a rod going from one shaft to the other, allowing both to open and close together. Works quite well and throttle repsonse is awesome. The guy here that operates the dyno said it's making good power in comparison to the stroker vs here in town and I've spent less coin. Just waiting to get enough cash together to pop in a new clutch and run it again to see how it goes. Last time it was run was with the 70mm TB's and I didn't have the coils on. Hope that helps a bit.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Sweet sweet...
By "blank" im guessing u mean that the sensors anre not wired in on the second tb
Where did u get that adapter pipe thing for the tb's??

Also, i would Ridiculasly appretiate if u could take a few more detailed snaps of thats TB setup u got and send them through to me so i can study them abit more...

email:
[email protected]

Regards,

Raf

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Sweet sweet...
By "blank" im guessing u mean that the sensors anre not wired in on the second tb
Where did u get that adapter pipe thing for the tb's??

Also, i would Ridiculasly appretiate if u could take a few more detailed snaps of thats TB setup u got and send them through to me so i can study them abit more...

email:
[email protected]

Regards,

Raf

I'll take a few shots and send them through. Intune here in town made the piping up from intercooler piping left over from their of road buggy. Anyone handy with a welder should be able to knock it up no worries. As for blanked off on the second TB, I'll get a good pic so you can see.