Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Monaro CV6 crank but won't start..

black arrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE

VY Monaro CV6 Manuel

Hi there,

I was drivin it and suddenly turned off without any reason, then I tried to crank it and engine cranks over fine but wont start..

The problem is I couldn't find any workshop in my area as I'm working in middle east at Oil area about 1000km from the city :(

I tried to figure out what cause the problem but I couldn't really find the main reason...
I've checked "Engine - Ignition System Control" and I checked the voltage in all wires and all good except the green one "first one in the left" not stable at all, I tried to give it some power from the battery and I found that when I give the "green wire" some power the car work fine when I take the battery wire off the car turned off again after a min or less..!

A Pic of the "Green wire" :

851866007.jpg

121215591.jpg

From Holden diagram:

966027552.gif

One of my mate put a relay as a temporary solution and link it with the "green wire" ,
and after that new problem appear, when I crank the car I hear some sound comes from the starter, it seems like it's still turning even after the car work after that the car works fine.. :hmmm:
563073742.jpg

Now I don't know what should I do? is it from the crank sensor ? or other thing?
and if I scan the car, does it show where is the problem? because the car doesn't show any warning light or sign in the dash so far.. :axe:

Thanks in advance for your help guys

Last edited:

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Crank sensor. Scope signal while you turn it over well pretty much tell you straight away.

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
If you don't have a scope your not going to be able to do the test. My next question is why are you playing around with the throttle relaxer? Also that green wire is not for crankshaft sensor circuit. And to top it off why are you applying power to a wire that you don't even know what it is???????? Is it supposed to have 12v pumped into it like you are doing or is it part of 5v system. In fact you now have a relay in that circuit also. OMG. First thing i would do is stop letting your mate touch your car. Second would be take it to someone who knows what there doing.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
The wiring diagram that i checked, showed the light green wire goes to a 15amp fuse. The fuse might be a bit corroded and only contacts sometimes.