Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY on Gas

menace2sobriety

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY soon to be boosted
Originally my VY... HAD GAS, it was very gutless, firstly I took the tank out of the back and had a lot better acceleration due to the excessive weight loss, I then removed the gas restricter strangling the inlet air flow and that instantly transformed it into a new car, my fuel consumption improved dramatically, boot space is back to NORM :), I would never go the gas route again, more parts to have issues with, freezing regulators and valve issues, a LOT less power and response, even traveling 100's of kms per day by the time you made your money back from fitting the system you would have already purchased a new vehicle, each to their own though

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
i have had 4 cars now on gas my old vp had done 400,000km on gas and never had a problem . vapor injection is the best i run my vy ss on gas with no problems and my vy v6 also runs gas. i would recomend it for anyone who wants to keep the running cost but i would recomend vapor injection.

Aadil

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 S Pack
Ive got a VY S1 S pack running on gas.. runs pretty well.. i get about 320km off a full tank (think its a 60L or 50..) but once it hits red light so i dont even use all the gas.

The gas system i have in mine is APG system it starts the car ON PETROL and then switches over automatically.. i hear these are the systems to go with for cars that are factory installed with gas.

If im wrong someone correct me :)

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Go see Bill at MecTec Performance at Seaford. He installed a vapour injection unit for my 2003 Statesman 5.7L. I have had no power loss, and the economy is the same as on petrol, mile for mile. The downside is, it's quite expensive (around $4500 for the V8). I get about 500k's out of a tank (combination of country and city driving).
The service is great, I've had a couple of warranty issues that they've fixed for me fast, without problem, and they keep you in the loop about what's going on with your car.

mrvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy5.7 s2
the way to go is vapor lpg injection , EMRA is the best brand to use as they offer a 100k 3 year warranty and they are quality parts , and with your valve seats if you have alloy heads you already have the hard valve seats . i have had quotes for $3500 plus the 1250 rebate . in sydney