Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY rear camber probs?

scozzman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Hi All...

I'm about to purchase my new vy s pac next week.

I promised myself that i wouldnt by another Holden due to the terrible trouble I had with my VT's rear inner tyre wear problem. Which ended up costing me big dollars in tyres over the years.

However I have fallen in love with this vy and cannot help myself.

So please tell me that Holden have fixed this problem with the rear wheels wearing!??!

:hit: :hit: :hit:

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
No they have made it worse. The VT had a camber kit available to fix the camber problem in the the rear end of the car. The VY however they have put additional toe adjustments in the VY which makes a camber kit useless because the ones for the VT/VX arent strong enough for the VY Commodores

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Having the adjustment in the VY would make it better wouldn't it as the adjustment is already there.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
if a vy is anything like a vz they have fixed it

Holden2gether

The short,chunky fella
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
No problems with myn either,the S pac has the FE2 suspension setup and the wear on the tyres doesn't seem to be any different than running a live axle rear end.So put me down in the "they've fixed it"camp,at least on the S pacs anywayz,not sure about the execs if breast69au's having problems!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yep, no major problems here either.

After I lowered my car (from FE2) 1.5" all round, I now get SLIGHT tyre wear on the inside of the tyres. Barely noticable really.

I think it's the guys who put superlows on etc that have the tyre wear problem. If your car is to remain standard height, you shouldn't have a problem.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
from vy onwards the included rear adjustment as standard and since then i haven't heard anyone complain about camber issues

vsdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec (RIP) & VYII 9C1
vx2 onwards are fine.

zutta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec ser2
Yer also mine has been as close to perfect as you can get,
Just replaced my tyres this week, was running maxis 135/45/17inch , They got me 62,000km with 2 wheel aligns in that time,
Tyre pro rekons that the series1's have trouble cause there not rear end adjustable, have no idea on the truth of that but gota say im happy with amount of k's out of a tyre, hope this helps:)