Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Respray

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
G'day, I have a 02 vy s and im not realli happy with the paint atm after my front bumper and guard were damaged in a carpark, no phone number or details left ofcourse.
But i suspect that the car has been resprayed once but had a cheap job done, ever little mark shows up and got staight back to metal.

I was just wondering if any1 has had 1 resprayed, the cost and who did it (in vic if u no any1)?

If any1 can help me out it would be greatly apprectiated. its black btw so i spose i would go black or silver this time.

Cheers TrEnNaVY

byrnn09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
I have a silver vy wagon. I was at chadstone shopping centre working and when I walked out to my car someone had backed into the front of my car. The front bumper was scratched and paint was scrapped right back. My light was also scratched but I was lucky and they left a number and got insurance to sort it out but I know that it cost for my bumper to be fully resprayed and blended in cost about $680 and I got it done at BDS pannels n mornington. Did a really really good job but is far expensive. But you could proberly get it done at a little pannel shop for about $500-$580. But that's off the top of my head. That's for the front number only so for a whole car you would be looking at at least a few $K

ERDEM_CIMBOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute series II 2003
i was quoted 300 for my front bumper which had alot of scratches on it

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
if you want a full car respray, with every little bit of the original colour redone, including engine bay and all that, can cost u 3-5k probly...and then even more if you want to go fancy with 2 tone or any airbrushing can cost u up to 10k...the crazy ones as much as 20k, or you could just do a dodgey closed door respray which will be only the exterior and leave the inside of the door trims in original colour, engine bay original colour and any other little bits and pieces...closed door resprays tend to be far less carefull aswell and you may end up with chrome bits getting sprayed over...in the end you get what you pay for and a closed door can cost you as little as a grand but if you want it done right you could be forkin out some serious dosh

VY04Calais

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2 Supercharged Calais
unless you know someone in a panel shop your going to get shafted no matter where you go.

VT_Cruiser

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt SS S2 5.7
I got a price for a closed door respray for my VT in Hoppers Crossing from guys that have done work for me before, and a head of surrounding car yards and it has always come up great in the past. The respray was basically all round except roof and included repairing a heap of stone chips and a few small dings that the car has picked up. Now these guys work in a proper shed with all the gear..... but its cash only..... no eftpos, credit card.............no tracable funds transfers....,just cash...i don't ask questions :O/. They quoted $2200.00 If ya want their details then let me know, otherwise hope it gives ya a ball park figure

Dino87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy clubsport
artistic in campbellfeild are pritty good couldnt tell you a price though but they do good work

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
They did my RHF guard Trent, they were easily the cheapest by far.
They are in Craigieburn.