Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Reverse Sensor Gone Quiet???

fleetwood33

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II Calais V8 HBD
On my VY the reversing sensor audible sound has suddenly disappeared, does anyone know how to fix?? Even though I am liking the silence (the sound is to loud and very distracting):hmmm: I need to fix it..... Any help will be appreciated!

Last edited:

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Does it have a towbar?
If so it may need the tow harness replaced > I thought it was weird as Holden replaced mine after my VZ's sensor stopped beeping, although it was under warranty so unsure of cost but I reckon there could be an easier/cheaper way

03vycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy calais auto 3.8L ecotec
i really wish mine would shut up it...its fine when its cold doesnt beep so much but on hot days chuck it in reverse and it doesnt stop....BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!! lol

Tiger28

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Exec
Mine does this to sometimes.For some reason when i wipe down the sensors with the chammy or wash it water there fine so i guess they may because of dust.

fleetwood33

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II Calais V8 HBD
Hi Mod,

The car does have a towbar but there is currently no neck attached. The sound was working then stopped, wasn't sure whether there is a fuse that may of blown! Don't want to take it to Holden as they will rip me off...!!! Loving the peace and quiet though, if only the sound level was adjustable when working! I understand it has to be loud so the driver can hear it but DAMN! it drives me insane

Last edited:

Cosmosis

Space Cadet
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
hmm the only kits ive seen on the VYs are aftermarket installed ones. usually they mount the box in the boot on the drivers side behind the carpet panel. something may have been knocked if thats where yours is. 9/10 when the kits are installed they use those bloody scotch clip things! .... Another question is, do you have reverse lights?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
.... Another question is, do you have reverse lights?

He could probably check if there working or not but I'm pretty sure when the car does its 'system check' it would find the fault.

OP you should be able to remove the trailer harness from behind the boot carpet on the drivers side, you should be able to unplug the harness at both ends, once the harness is removed make sure to have the wires holding the harness plugged back together - does this make sense? Pretty easy to work out once you've pulled the carpet back.

Then fire it up, chuck in R and see if the noise comes back

fleetwood33

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II Calais V8 HBD
Thanks everyone for the help..... just checked to see if reverse lights work and all O.K! Pulled back the boot carpet, seen the harness for the trailer and all other wires. Will have a closer look tomorrow and look at disconnecting harness and hopefully (in someway) the sound will be back! Don't know if the system is aftermarket or not but the car is a calais and I would think it would be standard or ordered as a factory extra when car was being built! :idea3:

Happy Female Driver! :surprise: