Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Reverse Sensors & SS Body Kit ...

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
Hey guys, im getting an SS rear bar painted (along with the rest of the bodykit) however ill be doing the fitting my self :D

What i need to know is the diameter to drill the reverse sensor slots in the rear bar. I.e. which drill bit to use, prior to the paint being applied?

Does anybody know?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
pm me your email & ill send you the fitting instructions

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
PM has been sent - :D

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
Hey Doctor Bob,

I recently bought the genuine sensors for the reverse parking kit (from ebay) and Holden advised I should just need the module (part # 92174512) and speaker (part # 92094024) for the whole thing to work. I've found the plug in the rear left of the boot where the sensors plug in but no idea how to get to where the module should go (something about parcel shelf). Holden also couldn't tell me if I should expect the plug to be there or if it's missing from the standard loom. Apparently a car that comes from the factory with the kit installed has a different body loom or something. The car is a Aug '04 VZ SS.

Do your fitting instructions describe installation of the module etc? If so, could I get a copy?

Cheers,
Dave

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the genuine sensors are different to the genuine accessory ones, the body harness is different.
the best way is to get a complete genuine kit, this will give you everything you need.

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
Any idea what I'm likely to be missing aside from the module and speaker? I don't want to purchase the whole kit since I already have the sensors (I'm assuming they would contribute to a fair amount of the cost of the total kit and I got them real cheap). Can the rest of the missing parts be purchased separate to the whole kit?