Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy rust found

VY S P Plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
hey there i have just found some rust in my 2003 VY s and i was just warranty to make sure that Holden will fix it under warranty before it runs out. The rust is on the inside of the passenger rear door.
623243118_l.jpg

sorry about the bad quality photo. I really aren’t to happy having f***ing rust in a 2003 model car…. Not happy Holden :bang:

Blair_355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore
Because he doesn't want to blame himself for not taking care of it maybe lol.

VY S P Plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
thanx guys for your help.. to tell u the truth i terser my car as it is my first car and it has been garaged all its life except probably for when it was at the dealership. Well i just didn’t expect a relatively new car to be getting rust already. and anyone with a worthwhile reply would getting it fixed be covered by warranty

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
do you live near the sea?
and maybe get all your door seals checked for leaks

VY S P Plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
na i live arownd the Dandenong’s area (yes i know middle of no where) haha
i will check for leaks but it is in a starnge spot but i will cheek.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Not sure if you are referring to the slide plate or the red spot? The slide plate should be coated in lubrication in which case rust should be possible (clean it and grease it). The red spot appears to be surface rust under a small paint chip, which I would rub back and paint with touch up paint. In either case I would not bother trying for warranty as it does not appear worth it (definately not structural or harmful).

VY S P Plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Yea it was just that little spot not the side plate. Well thanx for all ur help much appreciated will get it sorted soon. Other than that i am very happy with the car. it is a very nice first car but insurance is a pain but oh well thanx again everyone

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I'd get it fixed under warranty for sure!

Even though it may not be anything major, it still shouldnt happen on a car this age, and why f@#k around with it yourself when you can get Holden to fix it?

I thought I had some surface rust appearing in my VY SS inside one of the seams in the boot-lid gutter. I took it to the dealer and he said it's covered under warranty. Turned out it wasnt rust at all, just some gunk that that I washed off. (Phew!!)

Anyhow, yeah get it looked at before warranty runs out (if it hasnt already). :p