Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S - supercharged

J

Joshy

Just wondering what everyone thinks about the supercharged 6. My dad was thinking about getting one as his company car (means he passes the old VN down to me to replace my VH) I know they only come in auto and have about 170kw or so just wondering if theres been many problems with them at all or if its all good

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
not many ppl here have VYs lol, but i havent herd anything bad from them, i think that someone on here has a VY S, gotta love the VNS :)

Boeing777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Thunder SV6 Ute
My brother has a VY S pack supercharged, with leather and the 18" HBD mags. Its a very very nice machine, love the sound of that supercharger too, but it really kicks in a bit higher in your 0-100 dash times, I didn't really think it had much more go than my car until I got to around 3000rpm in 2nd gear, then she really pushes forward.

TheLucksta

Reaction score
There are heaps of mods on offer for the s/c V6 now!!!
You can easily get out 230kw+, if you are into that kind of thing.
If you want to find out more take a look at www.v6supercharged.com.au

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
You cant go wrong with the S/C V6. The engines are near bullet proof and as TheLucksta mentioned above there are easy ways to get them going heaps better with just bolt on mods (beware of warranty though on a new vehicle).

Last edited: