Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy series 1 with series 2 fuel pump & series 2 cluster

racerv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy calais ls1
Hi all, i have a vy series 1 and I have a few different dash clusters ss, hsv ect, now the clusters i have are all series 2 so lf i put a series 2 fuel pump in will this make the fuel gauge read correctly instead of reverse as I'm due for a pump anyway, has anyone done this it will be easier than trying to get the clusters reprogrammed cost a fortune.

Adsvzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I just purchased a VY series 1 berlina with the fuel display reading backwards. I inspected the dash clusters part number and verified someone had installed a Series 2 berlina cluster.
I went and fitted a complete VZ fuel tank with fuel sender unit and it worked perfectly. I hope this helps.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I just purchased a VY series 1 berlina with the fuel display reading backwards. I inspected the dash clusters part number and verified someone had installed a Series 2 berlina cluster.
I went and fitted a complete VZ fuel tank with fuel sender unit and it worked perfectly. I hope this helps.
Make a note on the tank in paint pen for the next person (probably you all going well). You might forget you used VZ or the other person won’t know and end up with lots of head scratching and problem solving time.