Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Series 2 Shanghai Red

Kevin Christy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Acclaim
Kevin Christy submitted a new Showcase Item:

VY Series 2 Shanghai Red

Hey! I'm a new member so I thought I'd post a little about one of my rides.
View attachment 203910 The pics explain the story, but the description requires explaining...

I originally purchased it in March 2004, as an ex-fleet demo VY S2 executive with 34k on it. During its younger years in my care, I'm afraid it was a quite neglected, with only essential maintenance carried out & little care given to it (170k with only2 major services, brakes, rear shocks and 3 batteries in 13 years). Due to a few minor accidents & criminal damage inflicted on it, it had almost every panel resprayed with a written unlimited lifetime warranty. After a few years the clear was peeling badly, so I called on the warranty.View attachment 203884 View attachment 203887 View attachment 203888 View attachment 203890 The repairer honoured the warranty & charged a bit extra to complete a full doors closed respray. View attachment 203892 View attachment 203901 Then the modifications started....
View attachment 203902 View attachment 203903 View attachment 203905 View attachment 203907 I found a donor car with an L67 & performed the conversion on my driveway with a friend in around 10 hours. photos in part 2!
18 months later, the car was running fine when it was "stolen" (long story) and written off.
View attachment 203914 View attachment 203915 My insurance paid out & I purchased the car back. I will continue the story in part 2!

Read more about this showcase item here...