Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY series II headunit mediates its own volume?

Sebastien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 3.8
Hey nice forum lads n ladies,

I picked up a VY series II acclaim today and the stock headunit may be playing up. At first i thought it was the speed sensitive volume that can be applied but i think its just faulty.

You can turn it up and see the volume bars going up, but it gets to a certain volume which always seems to change slightly and it seems to "cap" the loudness?

The best way i can describe it is the system trying to avoid working too hard to save the speakers by not going too loud

Any info appreciated

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Hi Sebastien,

Had the same issue when I first bought my VY II S. I didn't notice it at first, however after I installed my sub and amp from my old car, and turned up the volume more than I usually would, it was very noticable.

When turning on the car, you'll see a prompt on the LED display on the dash which says something along the lines of 'Press the up or down arrows to access options'. Upon pressing either button, you'll be given a menu. Scroll through the menu until you see something relevant to the problem that you're having - I believe it's something like 'Audio distortion limiter' - change this option to 'off' and your worries will vanish - I hope. :)

Sebastien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 3.8
Hey James,

Thanks man i'll have a look at it then, i had a feeling it would be something like that. Not a bad little function really but it's a little too overprotective at times