Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY six stacker

cruzine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYS2
HI new to the forum

I saw on the Holden web site that you can upgrade a stereo unit with a amp sub and better speakers with the six stacker cd. Does any one Know if alll six stackers have amp pre outs? or uniuqe to the upgrade. I've rung two dealerships and they don't know, and pretty much don't want to help.

can anyone help :thumbsup:

RichardW

Reaction score
I had a single disc and there are no pre outs, you need to convert the speaker wires to RCA outputs for your AMP. I did this and after a couple of months I got the s**ts because of the eedback I was getting through the speakers (I could hear engine whinging through my speakers). People will tell you it was because it was the RCA's and Power Cable were running down the same side of the car, I had mine running down different sides of the cars and still had problems. I got a professional to look at it(different from the professional who installed it) and his advice was to upgrade the headunit.

So I put in a new headunit (Pioneer) as soon as I did this the difference was huge. The standard head unit is ok but no where near the quality of Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood etc.

I have heard of some people that have managed to do what you are wanting to, but the experience I had was nothing but trouble, my advice is not to use the standard headunit.

Have a look at my thread (link below) it will give you lets of tips etc, Also there is a bloke who can convert the unit to have proper outputs. This maybe be an option for you. I found out about this after buying my Pioneer HU. Could be a good option. He has done it to his car so you could take a look at it I am sure.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=12376&highlight=richardw