Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY + Speaker Sizes

Discussion in 'Car Audio' started by Gobbles, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Gobbles

Gobbles New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Acclaim Series II
    Hi All,

Just wanting to know - Will I be able to get away with putting 6.5in splits in the doors of my VY.

Secondly on the back parcel shelf - there are no speakers there at the moment - Am I able to mount additional splits up there and also wire them up to the rear chanel from the amplifier? I am not a fan of 6x9's thats all and I would rather go splits all round with subs firing in the back.

Cheers,
    Kurt.

2. davey g-force

davey g-force I'm a sceptic...

Members Ride:
    02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
    Yes, you can put 6.5" in the doors of your VY. I have done exactly that. You just have to cut/file the white plastic plinth which they are mounted to, by about 3mm all round.

I'm not sure about the parcel shelf, but I know people who have put 6x9's there, so I'd say splits should fit no probs.

Do you already have an aftermarket amplifier? Cos as you probably know, there is no amplifier standard. IMO, there's no need to put anything in the parcel shelf. If you put 6.5" splits in the front and 6.5" coaxials in the rear doors, all run off an amplifier, that's plenty loud enough and good quality sound. That's all I've done and it sounds great and still looks nice and standard...

3. Tasmaniak

Tasmaniak Not a valid input....

Members Ride:
    VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
    welcome back gobbles.....