Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS cruise control not working?

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS + VY exec + Vs wagon
Hi all,

I have recently been having trouble with my cruise control in my VY SS. The only time cruise control will engage is when i hold the button down as a switch the car on, after which it will work for a few seconds but then turn off and not turn back on again until i restart the car.

Any ideas guys?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Stalk may be cactus.

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stalk may be cactus.

I'm leaning towards the same conclusion, i have been looking at problems other people have had, and cant find anyone who has had the same problem, but it does seem to be the most likely problem..

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Hi all,

I have recently been having trouble with my cruise control in my VY SS. The only time cruise control will engage is when i hold the button down as a switch the car on, after which it will work for a few seconds but then turn off and not turn back on again until i restart the car.

Any ideas guys?

??maybe a terminology thing so I will cover the two options ....your cruise must first be turned ON. You should be able to do this anytime the ignition is on. (if not look at stalk/wiring/supply) as said above.

If it will not SET then look at pedal switches. (will not set below about 30kph)

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
??maybe a terminology thing so I will cover the two options ....your cruise must first be turned ON. You should be able to do this anytime the ignition is on. (if not look at stalk/wiring/supply) as said above.

If it will not SET then look at pedal switches. (will not set below about 30kph)

Thanks mate, but no it won't turn on at all.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Probably easier on the wallet to use the right foot Matt, although I'd say stalk will be the issue

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I would just put up with it if I didn't use it regularly to keep me from accidentally creeping up in speed.. I've got 2 more years left of my good behaviour agreement, and 1 little slip up will mean losing my license for 1 year and not bring able to drive a v8 until I'm 25. I also need my license for the utes, forklifts and loaders at work...

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Took me 7months to diagnose mine, was a bit lazy though.

But im leaning towards stalk also.
However as you may have already investigated, can be abs module, cruise switch, brake light switch and even a non working brake light can cause grief.

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also, I have occasionally had the ABS fault warning come up since I have had the car, but not for a while, and the traction control button hasn't been working lately., starting to think its not the stalk, but something more expensive.. :(