Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS Fog Lights

SinisterVY

"The World Is Yours..."
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY II S
Hey everyone

Ive just joined up to the site and everything here looks very informative. I look forward to some handy hints and tips.

I have just become the proud owner of a VY II S pack and first things first I need a set of fog lights just to satisfy my own vanity.

How much should I pay for a set and has anyone installed them before?

Any advice appreciated..

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
i got mine for $230 inc the switch genuine from holden, easy enough to install urself, they take 10 mins to install. hope this helps.

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
i thought they came standard with em? guess not.congrats anyway.i payed 219 for mine.

SinisterVY

"The World Is Yours..."
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY II S
Thanks guys

Just got quoted $230 so much of the same really.

Is there already a wiring harness or plug behind the vents where the lights would sit? Im hoping its as easy as take off the front bar, drop em in and plug them in...

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I paid around the $200 mark off Ebay so it's around that figure as you gathered.

If you have a look underneath the front bumper the loom is sitting there clipped on to something in that vicinity, it's a flat 3 pin plug from memory, the plastic cone which sits there in place comes out and the new one's slot in there nicely.

The above assumes the wiring is already there which fingers crossed it is.

i thought they came standard with em? guess not.congrats anyway.i payed 219 for mine.

SS came standard with them not the S though.

SinisterVY

"The World Is Yours..."
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY II S
Got under the car today and to my dissapointment there was no wiring or plug that I could notice anywhere near the fog light inserts. I have purchased the lights already so Im kinda pissed off about it.

Anyone know what may be the issue?

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
I had the same issue with my vy S 2. I'm not 100% but I've heard that if the series 2 didn't have them optioned then the wiring will not be there. I fitted the lights in the bar and the switch in the dash and took it to my local auto electrician who sorted it in a couple of hours. The only prob is the light in the dash that would normally display the lights being on does not work. Apart from that they are as good as factory. They had to install a mini relay and a few other wires but was fairly straight forward. Any competent auto electrician should be up to the task.

SinisterVY

"The World Is Yours..."
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY II S
After some thorough research I have come to this conclusion, and let this be an answer for all those who have asked and for all those who will ask in the future:

The VY S Series II does not have any wiring relevant to upgrading to a set of fog lights!

Funny enough though that all series I S packs have the plug already there ready to go. Simple as plug and play. Bit stupid isnt it?

Thanks for the inconvenience Holden.. :bang:

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Ok, I have a question, attached to a loom that runs down the bottom front end, are two plugs. The plugs are wired one green, and the other is either brown or black. Any ideas on what these are? Oh yeah there are two plugs on both sides, and they would probably reach the fog light area.