Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS Rear bar paint

To colour code or not to colour code

• Yeah colour code!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No leave it black you fool!

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Snap-on

Boilermongrelin
Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH, 99 VT
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know what people think about colour coding the black plastic on the VY S/ SS rear bar? I am getting other bits and pieces colour coded and just wanted some opinions! Thanks.

VYssrearbar.jpg

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I have seen a few with colour coding there and around where the rear number plate sits.

I personally don't think it looks good. These cars really need something to break the colour up and I think the black plastic does that pretty well.

Maybe buy a spare one and paint that, that way if you don't like it you don't have to use it.

My opinion ;)

oscar03

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY ss hothouse green
I have seen a few with colour coding there and around where the rear number plate sits.

I personally don't think it looks good. These cars really need something to break the colour up and I think the black plastic does that pretty well.

Maybe buy a spare one and paint that, that way if you don't like it you don't have to use it.

My opinion ;)

+1

i tried did exactly that on the ss and it looked crap so then painted it in panther mica which looked awesome then a guy saw it and offered me $200 for it so now i have the standard one back on which i need to paint when i have time.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Mines colour coded and it looks good but my car is black so it may not have the same effect on silver.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
cooked this up in photoshop.. it looks ok but i think the standard vy ss rear bumper is the best looking one ever

testpsvy.jpg

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
cooked this up in photoshop.. it looks ok but i think the standard vy ss rear bumper is the best looking one ever

testpsvy.jpg

Blacks better on a silver car imo

Daggy082

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8
Mine is colour coded. But mine is a dark blue so it wouldnt make much different if it was Black or not.