Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS turbo Ute

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
Well after selling my vl and last vy sv8 and going through a few other cars ive recently ended up with this new toy, was owned by a mate of mine who was the second owner from new, he has owned it the last 8 years or so and had all the work done.

Name: Sean
Model: VY SS ute (S1)
Year: 2003
Odo: 103,XXX
Colour: PPG Rattlesnake Black
Engine: Standard LS1 bar valve springs
Turbo: Garett GT4088, Tial 44mm Wastegate
Fuel: ASE 3L surge tank with twin 255 walbro pumps, Turbosmart 1200 FPR, 60lb Injectors, modded standard fuel rails
Brakes: slotted/cross drilled rotors on front, standard on rear, unknown pads
Transmission: T400 built by MV Automatics with all the bells and whistles, 1000HP rated, full manualized, trans brake, 3500stall, B&M pro ratchet shifter
Exhaust: ASE Turbo manifold set up, 3'' dump to 3 1/2'' with one magnaflow muffler at rear
Diff: standard 3.07 LSD
Suspension: SSL All Round, Rear anti axel tramp kit
Interior: Red leather, shifter boot and handbrake retrimed in red leather, autometer boost/oil pressure gauges
Wheels: 20'' all silver pentagons.

the car had been sitting around un used for the last 2 years before I bought it, before I purchased it it coped a new battery, new plugs, leads and coilpacks. All the fuel lines were replaced as they were cracked and started pissing out as soon as we tried to start it.

Since owning it ive been going through it cleaning up a few bits and pieces that I wasn't happy with, re wired the fuel pumps as there was a 1.7v voltage drop from battery to pumps, also fitted new battery terminals as it was a bloody mess previously. I had the injectors flow tested and cleaned just for reassurance, I also changed the fuel filter at the same time.
A turbo beanie was fitted to replace the heat shield that was there before and the dump pipe heat wrapped. I have also purchased a new power steering reservoir just hasn't been fitted yet.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Looks bloody good mate. Love the colour and stance with the silver Penta,s really highlighting the colour :smoking:

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
the colour is ppg rattle snake black, as for power I have a sheet here for 405rwkw but that was before the turbo 400 went in. so id say that would be robbing a little more power.