Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS Ute Mods

vsute97

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Blown SSV Ute
Hey everyone, Ive recently purchased a VY SS Ute, Its virtually stock apart from a XForce catback exhaust,
SS induction kit, Big mouth air intake, super pro brush kit and lowered king springs, whats a few easy things
to do or buy for these things to get them up and running better?, new to v8s as ive owned subaru's most of
my car days, so anything you guys may have done to your own and are happy with it, let me know so I can
do the same, Cheers!

=)

letthiswork1

Thomas
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute (2003)
By get them running better do you mean to make it go broom broom
Faster?

If so then if you look at every 10th post in jc you will see things to do to your car :p..

I would usually say start with extractors and then throttle body high flow maf platinum spaces etc.

Just get a supercharger :D

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
Dont worry about bigger throttle body, its a waste of money for little/no effect. Start with good headers, high flow cats and get yourself a otrcai and tune it. That will keep you happy for the short term.

From there it comes down to what you really want from your car, whether its big power or good responsive streeter.

vsute97

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Blown SSV Ute
Sorry for the stupid question but what is an otrcai? whats the best way about tuning the LS1s? Cheers

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
Otrcai is over the radiator cold air induction. They give better air intake than growlers, meaning more power. The best way to an ls1 is to contact reputable workshops down there and tell them what you want from your tune. If you are unsure of good workshops, ask a fellow member from your way, as they are sure to know mate.

Just to add, a tune doesnt just give you more power, but can/will improve fuel economy aswell

hthorpe

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute
hey new to the thread got a vy ss ute 230rwkw. scince u were speaking of diffs and im thinking of one how much difference to track and strip do they make and what ratios are u guys running?
cheers

hthorpe

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute
forum*
oh yeh with my ute i threw some fully adjustable coilovers on it and hd sway bars front brace camber and bigger brakes soon to go in if ur looking for handling performace the coilovers make a massive difference. i traded them for the 2 inch lowered kit on there and its heaps better.

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
hthorpe, changing your diff ratio is great for the strip, definately makes the launch alot quicker, and throws you back deep into your seat. Most guys will run either 3.9 or 4.11

4.11's are gonna give you a better launch over the 3,9's, but arent really needed unless you are dedicating your car to the strip, atleast that is my opinion anyway. I would go 3.9's