Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy ss

shano8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS A4
hey there ppls, ive just bought a VY SS, and ive noticed a split in a hose, the hose comes out of the intake manifold, just behind the throttle body, then the hose runs around the drivers side of the engine to the back of the motor. It also has an earth wire from it to the head. Can anyone tell me what this hose is called, and what does it do?, the car still runs great. many thanx

cheers Shano

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
oil breather tube from rocker cover, its there for emissions, oil vapor/fumes go into the TB intake and gets consumed during combustion.

oh and the wire going to the head, is probably just the earthing lead which runs down along the injectors giving them earth? maybe

shano8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS A4
cheers

oil breather tube from rocker cover, its there for emissions, oil vapor/fumes go into the TB intake and gets consumed during combustion.

oh and the wire going to the head, is probably just the earthing lead which runs down along the injectors giving them earth? maybe

thanx for that, theres air passing through it, when i covered the hole, the idle went down, must investigate more as i was fiddling around with it, and now its broken all the way through :bang:

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
thanx for that, theres air passing through it, when i covered the hole, the idle went down, must investigate more as i was fiddling around with it, and now its broken all the way through :bang:
if you replace, put in a oil catch can :) might aswell hehe

jav360

Reaction score
Members Ride
1970 AMC javelin, S2 stagea
The PCV hose usually split at the throttle body or at the Y connection at the back of the intake.
Replacing the hose is pretty simple, or if its only split at the throttle body you can cut off the split hose and fit a piece hose about 1inch long of better quality, if its not fixed it can put the check engine light on and cause the engine to run lean as its sucking in more air than it should throwing out the fuel/air mixture.

shano8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS A4
The PCV hose usually split at the throttle body or at the Y connection at the back of the intake.
Replacing the hose is pretty simple, or if its only split at the throttle body you can cut off the split hose and fit a piece hose about 1inch long of better quality, if its not fixed it can put the check engine light on and cause the engine to run lean as its sucking in more air than it should throwing out the fuel/air mixture.

cheers, i fixed the problem, all good now :thumbsup: