Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Steering wheel Volume buttons fuxxored

bradrogers

PULL OVER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII "S"
Hi all.

After a search on here and on ebay, I could not find any info on a cheap replacement.

I have had my VYII "S" for about 2 months now (Will post project thread up soon for those interested). Unfortunately, the Volume buttons on my steering wheel are broken.

The Volume Up button is as loose as a 2 dollar hooker. Also, the buttons occasionally play up, ie, Volume up button mutes the sound, and Volume down turns the Volume Up!!!!!

Anyway, what I'm after, is the cheapest possible replacement for these button sets. Also, I'd like to hear from anyone in the know about pulling these buttons out. I believe its pretty easy, but I just need a quick run-down on how to do it.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
lol.. $2 hooker.

you might be able to get replacements from holden but i doubt they will come cheap. They like to charge like wild bulls that cant see blue or green.

bradrogers

PULL OVER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII "S"
lol.. $2 hooker.

you might be able to get replacements from holden but i doubt they will come cheap. They like to charge like wild bulls that cant see blue or green.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to avoid. At the moment they're being held together by stickytape, so I'm very tempted to just take them off and swiftly replace them.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
you ahve to remove the airbag and change both sides and loom.... the buttons dont just come off the like VT-VX's one did which is pretty crap....

bradrogers

PULL OVER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII "S"
Yeah I'm aware of the whole removal/airbag business.....

Its just that I can't find any place online selling these buttons :(

Its only minor, but its one of those things that get more and more annoying in a nice car.

nicko_pen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equpie S2
Virgin post...

Same problem in my VY Series II, Intermitted thou, trying to trun the volume up and the radio will mute... try to skip a song on CD and it will change mode to radio...

I test drove another VY Series II with the same problem...

It's gonna end up killing me because either I'll go completely mad or end up in a ditch because I spend all my time trying to figure out why my music has just stopped.

bradrogers

PULL OVER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII "S"
Virgin post...

Same problem in my VY Series II, Intermitted thou, trying to trun the volume up and the radio will mute... try to skip a song on CD and it will change mode to radio...

I test drove another VY Series II with the same problem...

It's gonna end up killing me because either I'll go completely mad or end up in a ditch because I spend all my time trying to figure out why my music has just stopped.
Yeah I had these issues too.

its funny but. Since "fixing" the buttons with stickytape. They seem to work very well now. I still want to replace them obviously. They do look a bit bogan with the stickytape, but its just something I've noticed.