Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy steering wheel

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
Hey how hard is it to add steering wheel controls for the stereo to a vy that didn't have some from factory what would I need just the controls and clock spring? Or is there an aftermarket option that doesn't look stupid?

RayNixon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
you would have to pop the horn/airbag off and see if there is a connector behind there... i thought all vy's had steering wheel controls?

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
Nah mine didnt #basemodel,Well I doubt it has one, from what I've seen I'd need the switches and a clock spring with the wiring

RayNixon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I attached a diagram for you. shows the three sections you need.
steering wheel, radio and plug

the plug behind the radio you need to tap into pins C11 and C12

STEERINGWHEEL.jpg

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
Awesome I've actually got an aftermarket radio it has a wire for steering wheel controls so I wanted to hook that up, so it's only the two wires coming from that? Does the airbag just plug and play kinda dealio, I don't wanna really **** with that **** if ya feel me

RayNixon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
yeah mate only two wires. just make sure the airbag fuse is removed before touching the general area. thats all..

if you get the steering wheel controls from a series 2 or a vz they light up. as long as there is enough wires in the clock spring you buy