Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy stock head unit volume cutting out when turn uo

D-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SV8
Hey all, il start off with all the details associating with my stereo. I've got a vz stock headunit 6 stacker in my vy with response 6.5" speakers in front and rear doors, got a loc connected to rear speakers to run an amp and sub in the boot. My issue is that one side of the speakers cut out when I turn up the music, its almost like it sacrifices speakers to keep up with power demand. Only happens when turned up and not any paticular size shuts down more than the other. I've tried a search and some people have experienced the same solution but with out a resolution. Anyone got an idea?
I've checked all my wiring, everything runs and sounds sweet when volume is low.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Define... checked my wiring? Did you measure to see if any speaker outputs have a resistance to ground at all?

Im going to hazard a guess and say the problem lies not in the headunit or wiring but in a speaker itself somewhere.

Does cut in and out randomly or does it cut and only come back when you turn the volume down? Can you recreate the problem withoit raising the volume? E.g. bumps, knocks and things like that.

D-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SV8
Thanks for ur reply,Resistance to ground doesn't mean much to me. All I have done it checked my wiring/connections too see if everything is tidy and in tack. I have to turn off the stereo for the speakers that have shut down to turn back on again. Bumps, rattles or any thing doesn't cause speakers to cut out, only does it when music is turned up, approx 3/4 full volume, doesn't seem too loud either.

I've just remembered that the some speakers use to cut out when I put my high beam on and that was before the speaker and sub upgrade. I since have replaced a dodgy ballast on the highbeams and haven't had the problem since when turning on high beams.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2