Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy supercharged engine ticking noise annoying!

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
from what i can hear just sounds like loud injectors.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Try running the engine and putting some dry lube or belt dressing on your belts and see if it goes away. I had a similar thing and that was it, just put some new belts on and all good after that

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
get half a broom handle or piece of dowel and press it against things with your ear against it on the other end, you can hear the vibrations through the wood. once you find out exactly what is causing the noise you can then look at fixing it
but as it sounds like its happening both sides i do agree it could be noisy injectors.

benny_bones

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY Series 2 Wagon
Yeah I'm thinking it sounds like injectors because when I turn it off it rattles in the injector/fuel line pipes is there anything that can be done to stop them being noisy still haven't upgraded the fuel pump yet :( thanks for replys guys

benny_bones

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY Series 2 Wagon
I ran some injector cleaner through it seems to have made no difference I'm gunna take it to the mechanic Friday and see what they reckon, the whole engine is noisy so it's rather annoying