Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

plevdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy supercharged
hi i have a v6 supercharged vy with a stock pully i want to upgrade the pully to a higher psi boost does anyone know how high i can go with out haveing to do work eg: cam, rings, snout ect and if u can attach a boost gauge and a air/ fuel mixture gauge to that supercharger/ engine.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Welcome :) If you dont plan to do any other work and just wish to spin the blower a little faster for a bit more boost, then personally I wouldn't go too much smaller than an 87mm pulley (often marketed as a "10psi pulley"). With everything in proper working order a stock L67 should see approx 5-6psi. The factory Eaton pulley is a very tight fit and requires a special puller to remove it. I'd recommend contacting Steve at Mace Engineering or Mark at TTT Engineering who are both site sponsors and can supply this pulley and also a loan of the pulley removal tool.
A boost gauge can be fitted a few ways, but the easiest without requiring any other mods would probably be to read it direct from the lower inlet manifold (LIM). If you look closely at the LIM just under the blower snout you'll see a small black rubber cap about 8mm round sticking out about 30mm. This rubber cap is blocking a metal fitting which you can hook up your gauge to to read the psi pushing through it.
Similarly, an air/fuel mix gauge can be fitted without any dramas. Just fit it as recommended by the brand of gauge you buy.
Hope that helps,
Cheers

plevdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy supercharged
i have pacemakers on it and planing to add a 2 1/2 inch exhaust with high flow catts i also have a k&n panel filter and am planning to change it to a pod fillter and install a intercooler or cold air induction (not sure yet), is it worth chiping the cpu or the air flow meter and is there any other easy mods that u know of that is easy to do to get some more hp?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Don't go past 10psi until after you have the intercooler setup. High ratio roller rockers may be worth looking at.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
For a mail order tune id contact Dicks Electronics. He really knows how to safely get them most out of L67's. As above if you're looking for easy bolt on gains a set of higher ratio rockers would be a good start. Intercooling will allow you to go much smaller in blower pulley size. I wouldn't worry about the throttle body or maf at this stage unless you plan to go much further.
Also check out www.l67torque.com • Index page loads of info specific to L67 here.

plevdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy supercharged
cool thanks for all ur help and the pulley i found the other day is from Mace Engineering. do u get much more hp by adding the pully and rockers and intercooler or is it just small gain?

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Id recommend having a chat to Steve at Mace then. Great bloke who's always happy to help and give advice. All of these together will give some impressive gains, mostly from intercooling in my opinion. As mentioned though, with intercooling you'll be able to run the blower a bit faster and see more gains again. Each of these will compliment each other.