Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Tranny died yesterday... No warning and dodgy after market warranty

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
Thanks everyone with your quick responses. Its just a big stress as its my work car which I rely on and by the time their "dispute resolution" department get back to you could take forever. I will speak to my solicitor tomorrow.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
3rd Party Extended Warranties are usually not worth the paper they are written on.

Most of these companies do EVERYTHING in their power to weasel out of paying.

Though in your case it sounds ike you are in the right and I'm sure an email fro your solicitor to them will persuade them.

Good luck with it mate!

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
Agree that the whole "extended warranty" thing is normally a scam. Just out of interest, how much extra was the warranty and what were the conditions attached (required service intervals etc). I would think a busted spline would be a fair claim regardless of how it happened. You in the Western Suburbs of Syd? I can recommend Marko's in Penrith. As mentioned $1700 should be close.

Just be thankful its not a Land Rover Disco 4, Mate of mine has just has a reco box for a 3 YO (150K) done - (ZF 6 speed same as the Territory) and it was $8K fitted! The kicker was they pulled the box and found the transfer case had water ingress and the input spline was welded on the output from the auto. Throw in another 4.5K for a total repair cost of $12.5K YIKES! He has just taken the family out to Poppels Corner (where SA meets NT meets WA). Hope it hangs together!