Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Trip Computer Codes

Huthy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute 5.7 M6
Guys(and Gals),

Does anyone know how to enter into the additional features of the trip computer in a VY? I seem to remember something about instant milage, digital speedo etc?

I thought it was something to do with turning the key while pressing some of the computer buttons...

Cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Not sure but i'd also like to know that, hopefully someone here will know.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Easy, hold down the mode and set buttons when you start the car.

There is a thread on this somewhere, but for the life of me can't find it.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Mode + Set while turning the key. <-Service menu

Will only enable the options for that time the car is started, to get the proper digital speedo you need to hook it up to the tech2 computer at your local holden dealer.

EDIT: Bah, beaten! (ps - the other thread was mine ;))

vsbloke95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
when u turn the key and it says system check ok wait and it will say on the display what buttons to press to enter the customiseation menu
depending on what model u have berlina exec what eva u will have diff options like central locking fuel and i think a few other randoms
hope this helps

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
yeh hold mode and turn your car on i think it is,
menu comes up, scrolls through for digital speedo BUT this will reset and you wont have it next time you start the car, also has speed dependent volume settings, auto light sensitivity, 1 or 2 stage unlock, unlocking sound etc

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
You later guys are in the wrong menu....

The customisation menu is the one it prompts you to enter when you start the car, you do that by pressing 'mode' when it says so on the dash. That gives you options for speed dependant volume/2stage unlock/horn or lights lock indication/dist to go/etc etc etc (list goes on forever)

The other menu for the digital speedo is the service menu, it is used to diagnose problems with the car when you take it in to holden (normal users dont need to know about it so they dont tell them in the book).
It has things liek petrol sender voltage, fuel remaining (in L), RPM (digital accurate to 50rpm) water temp, battery voltage, error codes etc etc, this is where you will find the option for the digital speedo, it is used to check the analogue one is matching the digital one as far as im aware.

The writing is small and it only lasts for that one start, if you want to proper larger speedo (which replaces the speed alert function)you need to go to holden and hook it up to the Tech2

Huthy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute 5.7 M6
Thanks Guys,

I knew about the customization menu, the one which you can enter into on startup.

It's the service menu I was chasing! I know the newer model commodores have the digital speedo as one of the modes, but I'd also like to look at a few other things that are available within that menu. I remember my old VS having a similar thing, but for the life of me couldn't remember how to get there!

Emporer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8
it should be in your owners manual. from memory i think that you have about a minute to start thumb through the menu settings after keying the ignition....