Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY twin throttlebody

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
Okay everyone, this is going to sound ridiculous but it came to me in a dream.

I dont even think its possible. But still, okay ill explain..

so i dreamt that i put a twin throttle body on my vy right, i had the first one connected to the original airbox and then( this is the crazy part) i had the second one running pvc piping all the way down to where the foglights are. like some sort of crazy cold air intake. I started to think this might be possible. Of course with the addition of the maf sensor and a pod filter somewhere to filter that second hole.

But is this possible? Is it a good idea?
Let me know.

why not run one to each foglight?

how about 6 turbos to?? 1 for each cylinder??

But you could just glue two v8's together and have 16 cylinders!

omg but what about 2 v8s with 16 turbos!!!!!! imagine the figures it would put out!!!

u might need to run 6-8 throttlebodys for that!!

i wonder if those first few ppl feel stupid now...
post-378-1136428065.jpg

carlisle.jpg

Lateral-g.net :: Inciner8or - Steve Sandlin's 8 Turbo 57 Chevy

Well, its not a ute, but I agree, wtf has it got to do with this thread and twin throts on a stocko V6 :confused:

No, I still have no idea to what it has to do with a basically stocko V6 with twin throts...

You post a pic of a V8 with like 4 turbo's, and we're supposed to 'understand' something? :/

Do you 'understand' there is difference between a turbo and a throttle body?

OP is talking about TWO THROTTLE BODIES on a V6 COMMODORE.

which is totally different to EIGHT TURBO's on a 350CHEV.

What are trying to prove because you're point is very obscure.

]

First off all, by reading those posts together this thread will make sense. M01ST, the first part made sense the 2nd part was just dribble.

SkidMarks the pressures would be different entering the plenum. would make it run worse than better. Just run them to the same place, either both to a fog light lik M01ST said or both to an airbox. running them both to the foglight is fine at track strip as most cars don't run filters there either.

The problem would be the bends in the pipes to get to the fog lights would hinder throttle response. A straighter shorter pipe is better (hence OTR intakes), also if you run them to the foglights and even with filters fitted shall you ever find yourself in water you going to fill your motor with water as the intake is too low.

I like your thinking but, thoughts like these is how the industry grows. hopefully next time people can give you better feedback then write stupid comments

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
LOL,

"thoughts like these is how the industry grows"

What industry are you talking about? The automotive industry?

As its already been mentioned in post #4 twin throtts on any V6 (with out major mods) is inefficient/a waste of time.

Just because someone has a dream about doing something, doesn't mean many others haven't already tried it. If the industry was going to "grow from it" it would've happened along time ago.

I can see what STEEV888 was saying to M01ST, just can't see the reason for it to be in this thread. O/P asked about twin throtts.
Would've been better for him to post some twin throttle body set-ups for the O/P instead of encouraging off topic banter. The thread WAS almost still on topic with some informative posts.