Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Upgrades

orthaeeoul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exucutive S2 3.8 2004
Im looking at doing some work to my ecotec, im not looking for MAJOR power, but i was a little bit more poke... :driving: but i still want the fuel econimy for the longer driving...
its a 04 auto, JUST ticked over 100,000km
iv already dont the cold air intake by HN!
iv got these lined up.
stage 2 shift kit.
A lukey cat back system, and maybe one day extracters.

but now im stumped, iv been thinking bout getting a medium lumpy cam, iv heard that if the cam is slightly lumperer, then u dont need better rockers, any truth to that?
dont wanna bore, stroke, change the diff, forced induction or any of that radical kind of work,
just more poke...
any suggestions? any and all help welcome!!!

EDIT
soz, forgot to mention, after all said and done, ill be getting a full dyno tune...

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Well for starters, a shift kit is only required when u go turbo or supercharged.
I havent heard of anyone doing this on a N/A car.

Definitely recommend extractors & exhaust system. Save up the money & get extractors/exhaust done in the one go.

Cams do cost big $$$, so best to do ur research & find out.

Check out the below, scroll down to Ecotec. There is a heap of info, that will help u out:thumbsup:

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vy-frequently-asked-questions.65190

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
YT high ratio rockers. I've heard they increase by about 15-25rwkw from what i've seen on peoples dyno sheets. Not much you can do to a six without going FI.

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
what are the YT high roller rockers worth and how much work is it putting them in?

richierich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY11SS
what are the YT high roller rockers worth and how much work is it putting them in?

These days i think there roughly around 700 to 800 bucks.Go the 1.95's i think they are.They will give you more mid to high range power.My friend who is a mechanic put them in my car and watching him do it was quite easy.They come with instructions.;)

If you want more power go the Raptor super charger, there a sponsor on this forum.:yeah:

Elite58

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec N/A Auto
I put in mace engineering 1.9.1s they are easy to install took me about an hour with me not knowing anything about how to do it, they make a fair difference. They have the instructions on their website if you wanna look and see how easy it is.