Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Ute Stereo upgrade

V

VYUTE

Hi all, I have A VY Ute I bought last year, I went for the 6 CD Blaupunkt instead of the single. The dealer rang me and said that I would have to wait at least 2 months if I wanted the 6 CD – he recommend the single with a JVC Stacker with a FM hook up. I’m looking to upgrade the stereo. What do you recommend, should I:

1. Replace the single CD Blaupunkt head unit and speakers totally.

2.Just Replace the Speakers– What is the recommend Watts. Will the Blaupunkt have enough power for good sound?

3. Replace the Speaker and hook a Amp to them from the Blaupunkt. Will the wiring allow me to do this?

If I replace the Blaupunkt I will lose the wheel controls which I don’t mind and I can source a facial pretty easily.

So any suggestions – thanks for your help.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
My honest opinon....here I go AGAIN....Please people, before making posts such as this can you do search on the forum? I'm sure you will find something related to query....

Upgrade the current setup with new speakers and an amp. The factory wiring will allow it in a round about fashiion. Purchase a Hi-Lo Convertor and install that behind the headunit, this will give you an RCA output which is required for the amp input signal

Blazed1101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
QUOTE=VYUTE;74859]
If I replace the Blaupunkt I will lose the wheel controls which I don’t mind and I can source a facial pretty easily.
.[/QUOTE]

yes you will, however there is a way to still have the wheel controls (did it with my old holden vectra) you buy a modual (here is one on ebay, i think its the one i got but was so long ago i forgot Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (eBay item 290557183445 end time 18-May-11 11:49:43 AEST) : eBay Motors[ )that can convert the frequency from your wheels controls to the head units control. now in saying that NOT ALL headunits have a 'remote in' feture, however alot of the high end ones do, just be sure to ask before you buy.

when i did i, it worked fine, but i had a mate who had a skyline import that had issues, however all he had to do is set the thing by hand, rather then it doing it auto as it did for myself..

hope that helps