Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY V6 Auto issue

Rxzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Commodore S pac V6 Auto
Hi everyone,
Today I’ve encounter an issue with my 2004 VY commodore S pac auto. Earlier today it was driving alright granny driving granted when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd it would go up in the revs almost like it was in neutral then shift. Now when I’m driving it at this current stage the car doesn’t roll in drive or any gear and when accelerating from stop it barely goes almost as if the handbrake is up and in 4th gear. As soon as it shifts to second it moves more freely and feels ok and when I put the pedal down it doesn’t downshift and speed up. I’m feeling like it’s time to replace the transmission but hopefully it’s just a service or something else? Just wondering if anyone would know or be able to lead me in the right path to fixing the issue.

Ps.
On the drive home from work I floored it on to the hwy and 2nd to 3rd it dropped the gear but redlined and manged for a second then went into gear. Both powershift and normal do the same thing.