Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy v6 spark plugs

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
hey all was just wondering wot would b the best kind of spark plug for a vy v6, is it really worth $130 or so top end ones or best to get normal ones?

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
if you just want it for travelling to and from work.

then something like - NGK Part No - BPR6EFS-15 plug gap = 1.3mm (recommended by NGK website)

but if you intend to go for modding. try the iridium range - NGK Part No (Equivelant to above) BPR6EFIX-15

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I just bought a set today for my L67, i only ever put in NGK, i trust them. They've never let me down. I just got BPR6EFS-13 (Do not use the 13 in a normal 6 cylinder, use the 15).

It's not really worth it in my eyes to get the Iridium, in real life their only advantage is they last longer, but if you change your spark plugs regularly it's no problem.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67

then something like - NGK Part No - BPR6EFS-15 plug gap = 1.3mm (recommended by NGK website)

but if you intend to go for modding. try the iridium range - NGK Part No (Equivelant to above) BPR6EFIX-15

How does a BPREFS-15 = a 1.3mm gap unless you regap it? The 15 at the end of the plug number = 1.5mm

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
i was thinking of tryin the bosch fusion plugs and leads about $ 210 for both tho any one tried them?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Bosch are crap, use NGK.

leviathan937

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac S2

How does a BPREFS-15 = a 1.3mm gap unless you regap it? The 15 at the end of the plug number = 1.5mm

NGK website recommended 1.5mm (BPR6EFS-15) for v6, 1.3mm (BPR6EFS-13) for super 6, the iriduim plug listed for both is the same (BPR6EFIX-15), perhaps they only have the iridium type with the 1.5mm and you have to re-gap it to 1.3mm?

either way I'd be checking the gaps for sure cos their never right out of the box

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged