Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] [VY/VZ] Everything to know about Changing Clusters!

timothyjames

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy Executive wagon
upload_2017-5-31_13-42-5.png

Just swapped the Face plate and adjusted the needles. didn't even have to unplug it.

K.Thomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz executive
great write up mate! Not really sure but I'm wanting to put a Adventra lx8 dash cluster in my vz executive. Would it work? Thanks

Trozzarae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2
i know this is an old thread but im hoping for some answers.. i have a vy s2 calais cluster that i want to put in my vy spac. what exactly needs to be done to make it 100% functional? any help would be great

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
i know this is an old thread but im hoping for some answers.. i have a vy s2 calais cluster that i want to put in my vy spac. what exactly needs to be done to make it 100% functional? any help would be great
If vehicle is a s2 like the donor cluster is, probably very little will be required to swap/reprogram

Trozzarae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2
the vehicle is series 1. i have a vy s2 calais that im wrecking so i still have the bcm, ecu ect. could i swap them over and then swap the cluster?

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Only issue you will have is fuel will read backwards, if you have s2 cluster use an S2 fuel sender & all else will be close. No need to change other modules won't achieve anything really.

Trozzarae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2
Only issue you will have is fuel will read backwards, if you have s2 cluster use an S2 fuel sender & all else will be close. No need to change other modules won't achieve anything really.
would the sender be in the tank or? i have no idea about the fuel systems :/

Trozzarae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2
and would it be easier to just program the cluster to suit the series one fuel sender or does it not work like that?