Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY/VZ Guage Pods

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
rowen said:
Is this available as a kit from HSV or are you using an aftermarket one? What's it worth?

It is aftermarket but same as what HSV use- difference is HSV use different sensors
HSV wont sell the tyre monitor kit-only as option on new vehicle
(unless you now someone)

I have access to the company who supply HSV so can buy direct
Cost for kit is approx $500 plus fitting ( tyres have to come off to fit sensors)

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
well if anyone with a SV6 or a non Climate Control VZ has a shot at the SS "Flip Pocket" storage bin let me know!

We obviously had one in our VZ SS which dad absolutely loved, but the Adventra doesnt have it (SX6 is the same dash as on the Executive and apart from the tacho part of the dash, its also the same as the SV6)
Ive been told it cant be done because of the shape of the moulding, the climate control has a piece of mould that runs up and over the vents whereas the non climates dont (hard to explain in words)

But if someone has a shot let us know!

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Ok guys, I'm going to start slowly looking into replacing the blanking plate with a useful bin.

ive been told it cant be done, but ive never heard anyone acctually hold the bin in 1 hand, the blanking plate in the other and say no, it cant be done, ive only ever heard "it needs climate control".

I understand the SS Bin will be shorter then the blanking plate. My first solution to this problem is buy a second blanking plate (or use the existing one) and cut the end off it to fill in the gap.

The second delemma is it wont fit, I remember when we had the SS the bin was extremely shallow. How shallow I cant remember. I get this feeling it wont fit too but until I physcially hold the unit I wont rule it out!

I cant understand why the adventra has mounting points, like everyone elses car. Whats the go with this? (seen in this pic from below http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=3045 - the bronze mounting points)

what the heck are they for? the bracket the Monaro style guages are connected to just clip into place like the blanking plate - what the heck needs to be screwed into place?

anyway i've ordered the bin from NVU, hopefully it'll get here for the weekend and I can give it a shot!

I'll keep you updated

D

DA_VZ_UTE

Y2kGoofball said:
anyway i've ordered the bin from NVU, hopefully it'll get here for the weekend and I can give it a shot!

I'll keep you updated

Let me know how it goes and dont forget to take some pics during the change over. NVU has some great stuff and cheap.

Shortsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Pack Ute
Y2kGoofball said:

I'll keep you updated

I wish you all the best with it, cos ive got a vz s pack ute, without climate, and i would love to install the flip bin too. just waiting on some 'good oil' from someone braver than me to try it :yeah:

Excited to hear the results (assuming im talking about the same thing :whistling )

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
it probably wont be a direct change over, especially if ive got to start cutting bits and pieces.

Unless I can get the darn thing into the gap nice and easily, then I wont be going too far because I dont want to start hacking into the dash :)

If it slides in with minimal fuss then it should theoretically only need some minor modification to "fill the ECC gap", but we'll see how it goes when it gets here

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
ok update

Payed for the thing on Wednesday, payed 10 bucks postage as well (shouldnt cost this much anyway)

I asked could they send it express post and i'd even chip in a few bucks more if need be, so it gets here before the long weekend as I wouldnt mind pulling the dash apart then.

Well I payed them and havent heard a word since, nothing to say thanks for payment its been sent, nothing to say yes or no to the express post, and the darn thing hasnt showed up yet.

So it wont be this weekend, next weekend is Bathurst so I cant have the car apart then ... :b:

afnorton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0L UTE

Attachments

• Copy of P6080004.jpg
    Copy of P6080004.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,745

deltatango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
success

Has anyone actually had any success in doing this mod? This is an old thread, but details of a finished project would be great. I'm trying to mod my VY dash to fit a GPS in it.

DT