Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Wagon ride height - don't know what springs are in

Havabigjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman s2 & VY Acclaim Wagon
Hi all, want to raise my wagon as previous owner has it so low I can't even drive onto ramps to change oil, and my 2T trolley jack is too high to get under the front....

I don't know what springs are in it, but my guess is ssl front & sl rear.....yellow springs so I assume King

Does anyone have measurements of current set ups where I can compare to what I have?

I am thinking of just going low all round

Will measure mine tomorrow....is it best to measure ground to wheel centre, or to wheel arch

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
The document used by various state transport authorities lists minimum eyebrow height (centre of hub to edge of wheel arch) for VY wagon
front: 373 mm rear 357 mm
But I guess not really minimum as they list HSV to May 2003 front 355 mm but from June 2003 HSV front 367 mm.
VX were a few mm lower and VZ higher according to this list.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have just done a quick measurement of my standard height V6 VY wagon.....The front from rough centre of wheel to the base of the wheel arch is 380 MM

The rear, from the same spot is 360 MM....

My car is currently parked on an uneven front lawn, so the measurements maybe out by a few MM's

S.A take measurements from the same spot I have just quoted....

If you want exact measurements, holla and I'll re-measure tomorrow on the road during daylight

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
FWIW 16 year old VZ wagon front 355 rear 350 on the
drivers side, which is usually a bit lower than passenger side due to constant driver weight.

Havabigjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
The document used by various state transport authorities lists minimum eyebrow height (centre of hub to edge of wheel arch) for VY wagon
front: 373 mm rear 357 mm
But I guess not really minimum as they list HSV to May 2003 front 355 mm but from June 2003 HSV front 367 mm.
VX were a few mm lower and VZ higher according to this list.

I have just done a quick measurement of my standard height V6 VY wagon.....The front from rough centre of wheel to the base of the wheel arch is 380 MM

The rear, from the same spot is 360 MM....

My car is currently parked on an uneven front lawn, so the measurements maybe out by a few MM's

S.A take measurements from the same spot I have just quoted....

If you want exact measurements, holla and I'll re-measure tomorrow on the road during daylight

FWIW 16 year old VZ wagon front 355 rear 350 on the
drivers side, which is usually a bit lower than passenger side due to constant driver weight.
thank you all
will do my measurements today and report back / compare

sure it looks cool being low, but it is my daily / work transport.....needs a bit more height

Havabigjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick measure, and I am approx 330mm front, and 310mm rear

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just measured the car on the road and the front is 375MM from centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch

The rear is 370MM using the same reference points

Havabigjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just measured the car on the road and the front is 375MM from centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch

The rear is 370MM using the same reference points
cheers....I am carrying tools in the back which is probably the reason for my mixed height....

I guess I will start looking for standard height or "Low" aftermarket springs....