Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY11 Calais mystery.

vyhbdcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 HBD Calais 5.7 & JH CDX Cruze
Hi guys, First tme on here so be nice! I came out to go to work the other day & unlocked my Calais (as every other day) only to have the drivers seat move all the way forward & tilt to cover the steering wheel. After moving it back into position the car would not start. Flat battery. No problem jump started from the old reliable VS Caprice to find it idling low & running a bit rough. Drove to work & everything fine since. Next noticed the sunroof would not open with the normal open close buttons but open on memory 1 button & close on memery 2 button. these are the only buttons that work. Everything worked fine the day before. Any ideas? Thanks

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Sounds like a BCM problem or the failing battery voltage has triggered the BCM to do weird things. I would fit a new battery & at the same time when you disconnect the battery cables it will reset the BCM .

H Bomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Yeah, I had a similar thing with my VYII Calais, when the battery is low its like it prioritises the electrics and then some random stuff will happen like the sunroof etc, with mine it was the seat position was different everyday then 2 days later....flat battery. Definately get a new battery and try that out. Fixed my issues straight away.

vyhbdcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks everyone the battery sounds like it could be problem I will change it & let you know.

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais supercharged V6
hey, i have got the same issue, started last week. not sure what is going on an di am the first owner on this car, took it to mechanic and they said it is fine..
i will be resetting the on board pc and will see what happens . [ see my post VY II electric issue ].

vyhbdcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
New battery & reset - Everything now works fine. Thanks everyone.