Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY2 HSV headers vs PM Try Y's

DarkCrystals

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport M12
Hi there

I know that some may try to convince me to go 3 inch cat back, but I will be getting 2.5inch duals with H pipe soon, not after every single top end kw, and a little quite too..
At the moment on my VZ clubby LS2 M6, I have VY2 headers, DE cat pipes into 2.5inch duals that go in to single 3 inch after diff (Coby system in NZ). Power wise I'm at 310rwkw so enough power (VCM11 cam etc/XAIR OTR intake) with ls7 clutch.
Question is this - is it worth changing the VY2 Hsv headers to Pacemaker try y's? The ones I can get really cheap second hand are 1 3/4 primaries and 2.5inch outlet - same as the VY2 headers except try y. My only other thought is to go with a 3 inch collector and down step to 2.5inch duals.. but that means waiting for a second hand set to come up ha ha..
Car is street use only..

Thoughts?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Sams performance did testing on various headers and extractors for VT2-VY2 LS engines and found only small increases if any when going from factory VY2 headers to most extractors.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Tri-y will give you a wider powerband, plateau lifted at lower rpm vs hsv.