Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy2 s pack mods

Bam Bam bam

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s2
i just bought a stock 2003 vy2 s pack V6 and after a few solid drives i feel it lacks a punch. what would be the most effective mods to put in the car and what sort of power increases could i expect? i want to try and push it over 200kw from current 150!

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Go with what works. Exhaust(headers, high flow cat, 2.5 inch cat back works), cold air intake including air filter, roller rocker or cam depending on your budget and your final build, tune. Were you planing on staying NA or is forced induction an option? If you want to see a vy s v6 with mods there are a few on here. Mine is "family car" fmlycar. Check it out if you want some ideas. Current power is around the figure your chasing, I'm used to it now and crave more.

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
Change your diff gears to 3.7 or 3.9s and you will find it will have a bit more punch.:thumbsup:

surfindude

hothouse green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack s1
if u change ur diff gears will this mean that it will rev higher at the same speed. if so would this give a poor fuel economy

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
MY thinking is if you want fuel economy buy a 4 cyl car , or leave your car stock. If you want more performance you going to have to put up with using a bit more fuel:thumbsup:

surfindude

hothouse green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack s1
that wasnt really the worry i had. as if it changes the revs to be higher at the same speed then crusing at 100km then the car would be reving more and with my exhaust if it is a fairly noticalbe rate of change in revs then long trips may become a little drowney. that was more where my concern was not the fuel economy.
i want fuel economy so i brought a motor bike to use as a daily driver and use my toy for long trips and fun.

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
If you change your diff gears say to 3.7 to 1 ratio you will probably increase your rpm about 300 rpm. Your fuel consumption will not change by much,also you will reduce the drone with these lower gears,as the drone is produced @ LOWER rpm:thumbsup:

surfindude

hothouse green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack s1
ok cool, that is good to no neva thoguht of it like that.
so would a mod such as roller rockets 1.9:1 would they give beta fuel economy because CAI header exhaust and the likes do make a little difference?

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
If I was you, I wouldnt be putting no "Roller Rockets" near my engine, let alone in it! :)

On a serious note, check out F.I.T fro roller rockers, and do a google (aus) search for chips. Rockers should be one of the first things you do, according to the guys at F.I.T.