Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VYSS Ute - On Gas

tcp000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore ute
Has anyone got their VYSS on Gas? What sort of Milage are you getting (L/100km) around town and on the open road? Has anyone heard when this gas excise tax is going to be introduced?

Cheers

chony

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 ss
gas on 5.7

yeah. i have a vy2 ss 5.7 on gas. it is a vapour injection system that cost $4400. i could have got another system for$2800 but much less quality. the system runs great and gets about 420 ks of of 68 liters of gas. cheers, chony

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Man, I'm wondering if I should convert my VY to gas. Not too sure. I heard you lose alot of power, which I don't want, but then again, I don't drive too far on the weekdays, so I guess I could stay with petrol and drive more on weekends. I don't know what to do. Will petrol keep increasing? I've seen it go lower and lower these past few weeks. I'm filling up at $1.23 when it used to be $1.47 last month... what do you guys think?

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
You need to weigh up the cost of the conversion, how many k's you do a year and how long you plan to keep the car.

The price of petrol will go up, but it will also go down as the market dictates. If you can predict when and why, you deserve a medal. The price of gas will also go up, at this stage only by the increase in excise and the gate price increases. Keep in mind that LPG used to be around the 17 cents/litre mark not that long ago....... I have had a couple of cars with it now and could not warrant the expense on my newer cars as I only do about 12000k's a year, and as some people have said newer cars benefit with the more expensive systems.

If you are going to get the benefits out of LPG go for it other wise use your petrol wisely :thumbsup:

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
I'm probably going to do about 13000k's per year I guess. maybe a little more or a little less, but thats what its gonna be like. I don't want to do the conversion and waste money and lose power if its not going to help me. I'm only goin to keep the car for about 5 or 6 years, so its a bit hard there too. Also, like you said, the prices fluctuate alot, and its hard to predict. I guess I'll keep it on petrol for now, and see what happens around mid next year, and if LPG says kinda low and petrol prices fly to above $2, then I'll change. Thanks for the help. Peace :)