Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 1 Tonner seat belt replacement

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Hi all, I've been searching for a new OEM drivers side seat belt for my 2004 VZ Tonner. The Holden part number is 92111440. Eagers Holden parts have informed me 92111440 is NLA and there is NIL stock. I have found online that new OEM RH front belts part # 92116752 are available from Peter Paige Holden, as well as some other vendors on ebay. Part #92116752 is claimed to fit Sedan, Wagon & Ute but I'm not sure and I am betting if I contact Peter Paige Holden they will tell me that I need #92111440 which is NLA. My question is, has anybody fitted a sedan/wagon drivers seat belt assy to a ute/one tonner and what are the differences and difficulties, if any, encountered during the installation?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Sedan, wagon, ute are all the same. There are multiple part numbers over the years.

The only difference in belts is if the height adjustable (on the b-pillar) is used.

VT-VZ should all be the same so it opens up the opportunity to find something.

I went through this with the Cross8. I found some new. Interestingly, the passenger is height adjustable. The drivers is not and I can’t find the difference in each. They are identical in every way I can see.

I also bought some new after market belts but they were generic and I wasn’t ok with that.

Here in WA, we are able to have the belts reconditioned. It makes sense too. This is commonly done in planes and mining. The businesses involved do it to strict standards they take seriously. I feel not allowing reconditioned belts over east is just a BS way to keep old cars of the road.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Thanks Fu. I'll take the punt and buy a new OEM RH belt.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
You’ll be fine.
Excuse me for being a little skeptical. Parts usually have different part numbers for a reason. The bloke at Eagers never sugessted Part #92111440 had been superseded to another part number. I'll give them another call in the morning and run Part #92116752 by them. I'd rather to be able to pick up one locally than if possible than pay for freight on top of the part price.
Once I have the new belt assy I can move forward with my new headliner and sunglasses console install.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I could get them all from the garage and take a photo of the Calais one, the Cross8 one, The wagon one. etc and how the same they are and that the same mount is used across all models and bodies. The same plastic insert is used on all body types. The same B-pillar mount point. The same bolts. The same plastic cap on the lower bolt to the body.

However...

They are buried deeper than a shredded up submarine next to the Titanic, in a box.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis