Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 2004 5.8 Calais Auto Gearbox

O

oldmanrivers

I have had my VZ Calais for 2 years and its been serviced by the book by a Holden Dealer. About 6 weeks ago I noticed a slipping when changing back to overtake. I took the car to the Holden dealer who after 3 hours said they had downloaded the lastest software and it should now be ok. About 4 days ago the slipping became constant and the car was undriveable. After returning it to the dealer a NEW gearbox was fitted under warrenty. I asked the queston why didnt they do a full auto service on my last visit? I was told that it's not required till 100000. Has anyone had a gearbox problem in the VZ 5.7 Auto.

matt8

Reaction score
No, probably because I don't have one... lol

Saw you had no hits and thought you might like at least one reply, even if it doesn't help. + i'm bored

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
I own a 5.7 VZ Calais and the gearbox is great. The only issue Im having is when i start the car the SVS warning pops on screen and chimes for like 1 sec and then disappears... Its very strange. Its been back and forth to Holden to have it sorted out but is hard to catch as it only does it every now and then. It goes in on the 08/07 for another software update. You ever had this before with your V8??

vzmonaro

NOT A CV8Z
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
i've had no problems with my auto gearbox

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Ive driven a VY a fair bit, and given it a fair treatment. And she still goes hard.

p3dsp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8
I have had my VZ Calais for 2 years and its been serviced by the book by a Holden Dealer. About 6 weeks ago I noticed a slipping when changing back to overtake. I took the car to the Holden dealer who after 3 hours said they had downloaded the lastest software and it should now be ok. About 4 days ago the slipping became constant and the car was undriveable. After returning it to the dealer a NEW gearbox was fitted under warrenty. I asked the queston why didnt they do a full auto service on my last visit? I was told that it's not required till 100000. Has anyone had a gearbox problem in the VZ 5.7 Auto.

Oh man where to begin. Iv had my zv sv8 serviced by Walkinshaw HPT every 10 000 kms and after driving down the cost my box decided to strip second on the on-ramp. After checking it out myself I found that it was well below the minimum line for a cold check when it was running fully warm! It drank 3 litres of Dexron like it was racing fuel to an F1. Bloody pricks, ya think they could afford 3L of oil when your paying 230$ for a minor service.

Anyway, if anyone knows a decent tranny rebuilder in bris please post it. :bow:

Later